question

Jmarc avatar image
Jmarc asked

VE.Bus Error 10: System time synchronisation problem occurred

Using 2 Quattro 120V/48/3000W in Split mode connected to a CCGX. System also includes MG Energy Lynx BMS, 3xMPPT.

Quattro had no Assistant installed.

System was not conneted to any Grid source. used as Off grid mode only. using a generator to recharge batteries only twice in the last 6 months.

Wanted to upgrade system

Now Quattro connected on

- AC1 to Split phase power from Bahamas power.

- AC2 now connected to a generator input.

- Upgraded Quattro from 463 to 482

- Upgraded CCGX from 2.63 to 2.66

- added VS Ignore Ac Input to both units.

As long as i do not connect the quattro to the CCGX, the Quattro operates. Within 30sec of plugging the CCGX, get Error #10 : System time synchronization problem occurred

Error also happens if the Quattro are set to Charge only.

Lights on the master go away, lights on the Slave show loss of syncronization. Seems like the Master quattro is reseting. 30 seconds or so later error goes away only to reoccur 30 second later.

Try 3 different set of cable. They all work if only connecting the 2 Quattro. Error only occur when you plug the CCGX.

Try 2 different CCGX same

Try to move ports around same

Used contact cleaner on VE. Bus ports

Checked Ground voltage from CCGX 0 volt source (BMS voltage regulated output) to Quattro ground. All good.

Checked for Battery fuse: Good

Checked tight Connection: Good.

Any suggestion would be welcome.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
aproape avatar image
aproape answered ·

Hi jmarc,

Did you resolve this? If yes, how?

I've encountered the exact issue last evening while configuring a 3-p system with Multiplus-I 5000/48/70.

The system works well - for hours - no issues.

As soon as I try to plug it into Cerbo - error #10. It reboots.. clears the error.. and then again - continuous loop.

Thank you in advance.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

enersol avatar image enersol commented ·
@aproape my 3PH ESS set works very simmillar with Cerbo GX. It reboots in continous loop. I have no idea whats the real problem. I've build many same systems before on such configuration. This is my first one on cerbo and I bet this is a problem.
0 Likes 0 ·
aproape avatar image aproape enersol commented ·
This particular issue turned out to be (in our case) a defective Multiplus inverter.

We have swapped it and everything is working as expected.

Steps to find this: took each Multiplus and configured it as 1-phase system. The 3rd one (of course) - as soon as we connected it to Cerbo started the restart loop.

Replaced it, config uploaded - all good now.

Hope you can find the root cause soon!

0 Likes 0 ·