question

dggrimm avatar image
dggrimm asked

Multi controller leds flashing, not on inverter

My inverter has no lights flashing, just “on”. But my multi controller has led blinking mains, inverter, and blinking temperature, low battery, overload. The current limit display is no longer lit.

Have turned off and on the inverter. If the multi controller is in the “off” position, the lights turn off and the switch can be used to turn on the inverter, but then the light combination flashes again and then the inverter cannot be turned off by the multi controller. Also plugged and unplugged the RJ-45 to the multi controller but lights remain flashing.

Any thoughts?

Multiplus-IIDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

from you description I am presuming that the Multi plus is working fine and that the remote has also been working fine before,, and its just the remote control thats suddenly stopped working fully

However you have not said this unit was working and has now stopped

So have you

1. have you upgraded the firmware in the multi etc etc

2. if its new then you may have a wrong model version

3. or if it was working - Try a different cable, and try a shorter cable.

4. something has changed in the system setup or the unit is faulty and needs replacing

5. take it to a victron dealer for testing

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dggrimm avatar image
dggrimm answered ·

Thanks for the quick response and apologies for not providing more needed info from the beginning. Indeed the multiplus and the dmc had been working fine for about a year. The multiplus is working fine on its own and I can manually switch between modes, AC is working in the system, etc. The DMC did just stop working seemingly suddenly.

1. I have upgraded firmware via bluetooth/victron connect app for the BMV 712 and mppt/100-30. I haven’t upgraded the firmware on my multiplus ii since Oct 2019 (and the DMC doesn’t have its own firmware) - so I don’t think firmware updates caused the issue

2. This is the original DMC and worked before for a year.

3. I’ll see if changing the cable works - it runs about 7ft from the multiplus to the display panel of the DMC. I have plugged/unplugged the rj45 at the display panel but that doesn’t change the display blinking.

4. Nothing changed in the system except the firmware upgrades noted above. So it certainly is possible the unit became faulty. I am considering replacing it with the VE.Bus smart dongle and just running the inverter from my phone/victronconnect app.

5. Yeah. I’ll look into this as well if no one has a good assessment of what the display led lights actually mean.

Thanks!

2 comments
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

It will still be under warranty, so take it back for testing. if you buy anything I would strongly suggest a Cerbo GX unit as you will have many more options this way.

0 Likes 0 ·
dggrimm avatar image dggrimm Paul B commented ·

Thanks much. I’ll definitely take a look at the Cerbo. Looks terrific.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes