question

aaron4062 avatar image
aaron4062 asked

48V Quattro with Multi Control AC limit still trips shore power breaker, why?

I have a 30 amp shore power inlet connection with a 30 to 15 amp adapter, plugged into a residential outlet.

Tried this at two different houses with multiple outlets, same result. Battery charger will work for 1-5 minutes then breaker will trip.

Wires from the shore inlet plug go into AC input 1, with the multi-control AC limit set. Tried it with 5, 10, and 15 amp limit it always trips the 20 amp breaker.

Should the shore power (the only source) be going to AC input 2? Does it matter?

When battery is disconnectedshore power passes through and everything works properly. AC out is running to a panel and all AC appliances work.

When battery is connected, inverter also works normally and I have AC power.

Just every time I try to charge the battery it blows the breaker. I have tried limiting current on multi-control from 5-15 amps, and it blows the 20amp breaker every time.

I am using the 48V 5000/70 Quattro

really need this to work please help

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Aaron4062

That sounds like a 120V unit?
depending on the firmware, minimum input current limit of this unit is 17,5A or (from firmware 423) 13,5A

not all breakers are alike...did you try another breaker? or measure / check actual currents?

Do -not- disable the ground relay!! this is an important safety component and without it your RCD's won't work when in inverter mode. (exception is an isolated system, but there you need in isolation monitor).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joychavez avatar image joychavez commented ·

Thanks for your answer. It helped me a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·