question

vieuxgeek avatar image
vieuxgeek asked

Can the MultiPlus 2000 Watt 12 Volt Inverter / Charger be installed a location with 16 inches of vertical space?

I have only 16 inches of vertical space where I would have to install this unit. Would this unit fit if installed vertically and have space for ventilation and wire routing? Could the unit be install horizontally?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerinstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @vieuxgeek, welcome to the Community!

Have a look at the manual; as noted in the technical specifications at the end, this unit will not fit in your described space.

These units may be installed in a horizontal orientation, though it should be noted that this will somewhat affect its cooling characteristics as well as negatively affect its moderate drip-resistance rating.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vieuxgeek avatar image vieuxgeek commented ·

Thank you so much for your answer. I did see the info in the manual but was wondering if there was any option that could work. I will pass on using this product as I don't want it to be installed where cooling may be affected.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ vieuxgeek commented ·

Hi again @vieuxgeek, don't let the cooling part scare you off - these units used forced-air cooling, so it will be able to keep itself cool! My statement was just pointing out that, since heat can no longer rise out the top vent when it's installed horizontally, the cooling will be less efficient, which means that the internal fan will be likely to run more frequently than if it was installed in an upright orientation.

0 Likes 0 ·