question

wtsnkew avatar image
wtsnkew asked

BMV 712 Smart to MPPT 75/10

We have a BMV 712 Smart monitor. This year we added a MPPT 75/10 solar controller. I bought a Victron VE direct cable and routed it to both. When the cable is not connected, both units function perfectly. When I connect the cable, the display on the BMV displays all characters. However when connected by Bluetooth to the BMV, it still provides correct battery information. Does anyone know why this would be happening and how to correct it?

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

VE.Direct ports on BMV and on the solar charger are for connecting each of them to a GX device or to connect to them with a PC for instance (in this case using a VE.Direct to USB cable). Not to directly connect the BMV to the solar charger.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wtsnkew avatar image wtsnkew commented ·

Thank you, good to know. Wish I had know n that before spending a couple of hours snaking the VE Direct cable through the boat. Do you know if there is documentation anywhere on how to create a Victron "network"?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ wtsnkew commented ·

You can create a Bluetooth network if both devices are in Bluetooth range to each other.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Smart_Networking/en/index-en.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources