question

jerrykeefe avatar image
jerrykeefe asked

Ve.bus BMS and Multiplus in Passthru

On a boat installation, I have an existing 3k/12/120 Multiplus (current firmware) and have just swapped out AGM batteries for Victron LFP batteries and added a ve.bus BMS plus a Cyrix Li-ct.

BMS assistant installed in Multiplus.

At first startup, I am getting a low battery led on the Multi, even though voltage across the multi's battery terminal shows 14.5, and the Multi is stuck in Passthru mode.

No charging and no inverting functions.

The BMS V+ voltage is 14.6, but the Load Disconnect and Charge Disconnect outputs are low, 0V.

Is it possible the BMS is defective? How would I bench test the BMS.

There was a Cerbo in the system, but it is disconnected at the moment.

Victron Connect thru the MK/USB interface shows everything normal in the Multiplus.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

Have you connected to the Batteries via Bluetooth to see if they are in a fault condition?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
teletreffcom avatar image
teletreffcom answered ·
  • I first would check ESS FAQ:
  • 10.4. Q4: Why is the VE.Bus state in pass-through?
  • 10.5. Q5: How can I suppress low battery warnings?
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

Not really relevant as they are on a boat and should not be using ESS.

0 Likes 0 ·
baronner avatar image
baronner answered ·

Was this issue solved? I'm experiencing same issues: low battery Led and stuck in pass through mode...

2 |3000