question

mfriedel avatar image
mfriedel asked

Voltage for ground relay information wrong in manual ?

I have a Multiplus 24/5000/240 and an Autotransformer. According to the Autotransformer manual the Relay is 12 V, and the output voltage of the Multiplus/Quattro is also 12V regardless of the DC Voltage of the Inverter. Here is what it says in the manual

When the Internal ground relay is not selected in VE Config or Victron Connect, there is 12V on the external terminal of the Multi/Quattro for the ground relay control (on all models 12/24/48V this voltage is 12V).

However if I measure the voltage I get the DC Voltage of my system (in my case 27V) and not 12V. I am afraid this will burn out the coils on the Ground Relay in the Autotransformer.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMV Battery MonitorAutotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
solardude avatar image
solardude answered ·

Maybe the manual is a misprint, because every system I have set up had 27V on the output of the ground relay.

Make sure to set S1 to up position or it won’t work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mfriedel avatar image
mfriedel answered ·

I wouldn't get 27V if the S1 DIP switch wasn't up. But the Autotransformer Relay is not engaging, and I cannot find information as to the type and voltage of the coils of the relay.

2 |3000