I wonder if anyone can explain a strange issue I am seeing on my system...
Set up - 3x Lithium (3x 200A), VE.Bus BMS, Venus GX, BMV712 and Multiplus (EasyPlus 12/1600/70 - set to 70A charge current max).
Example of situation / what I am seeing -
- I leave the boat for a few days
- with a constant load of about 1.5A on batteries
- I arrive back at boat - and BMV says state of charge is 90%
- all good so far
I plug shore power in - and switch Multi on - and do NOT switch on anything else -
- it goes straight to Bulk - good.
- If I look in Venus at the Multiplus - it says it is generating 70A - good.
- I look at the BMV - and it says it has about 60A going in to batteries - strange
- I expect the current going in to batteries to be about 68.5A (charge current - loads)
- where are the other 10A going / being lost ?
- I look on VRM and see DC Power showing my DC loads are pulling about 10A
- but this is not true - the loads / devices are only about 1.5A
- I have not switched any other loads on
This false high DC loads figure (about 10A) stays while charging Amp are high (in bulk). When multi goes to absorption - the false high DC loads (10A) reduces in line with the drop of charging Amps. I watch the 10A loads reading slowly drop to 1.5A as the multi reduces its charge current from 70A to almost nothing. Then - in float - the DC loads read accurately - 1.5A.
Any thoughts on what the issue is ?