question

cpurchas avatar image
cpurchas asked

MultiPlus always on BulK?

Hello All, I recently changed my inverter charger from a Magnum to the Multi 12/3000. It's connected to 500Ah of lithium. I'm able to monitor the system remotely using the Cerbo GX and I've noticed the inverter is sitting in Bulk charge mode 100% of the time. I've set my charge settings to 14.4 for Absorb and 13.6 for float based on info gathered online. Absorb time is set to 2hrs. Is thre a setting I'm missing that's causing this ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@cpurchas

Have you set the percentage when bulk is done? It will usually change to absorption when the amperage draw has dropped. So if the system is still putting plenty amps into the battery then they are still charging.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cpurchas avatar image cpurchas commented ·

Thank you. I didn't see a setting that allows me to specify a bulk charge percentage. The charger is only putting in minimal if any current but it's still in bulk. See pic from Cerbo

screenshot-20210515-084458-samsung-internet.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ cpurchas commented ·

@cpurchas

Has someone programmed the unit for you at all, as well as the mppt?

Using either Victron Connect or an Mk3 adapter the unit would have to be programmed for you batteries specifically.

Or you can use VE Config over the vrm with remote programming.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-N-bU1gXo

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

In VRM "Advanced", check the "VE Bus State" (enable this widget first, if not already on).

It could be that you have a big load and the battery voltage drops low enough to get back into Bulk.

2 |3000