question

tooke avatar image
tooke asked

lynx distributor lug size

I attempted to connect a 4/0 copper cable 5/16 hole lug from the Multiplus to the Distributor, but lug seems to be too large to fit into the opening for the negative bus bar on the Distributor. Can someone recommend a lug that will fit?

Thanks

lynx shunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vovanenok avatar image vovanenok commented ·
I'm going to use 4/0 cables as well. Could you please share what lug size did you end up with?
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
rainer avatar image
rainer answered ·

Lynx distributor is specified to have M8 bolts. Therefore I am using metric M8 hole lugs. 5/16" is just a bit too small with 7.9 mm.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shea avatar image
shea answered ·

I just filed a small amount of the plastic separator and the 4/0 lug fit. I basically removed a small radius on each side near the inbound portion of the assembly, cake,

2 |3000

kkesp avatar image
kkesp answered ·

I used 4/0 lugs with 3/8" hole off Amazon, works fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

triplesticks avatar image triplesticks commented ·
Can you provide a link? I have tried several brands from Amazon and elsewhere, but none of them fit. The plastic in the Lynx is only part of it, the lugs are also too long to fit with the fuse.
0 Likes 0 ·
gbmd avatar image
gbmd answered ·

Grinding the lug compromises the lug. Grinding out the plastic curve compromises strength of the plastic divider and possibly voids any warranty. I would like to know what the official Victron policy should be to accommodate 4/0 lugs. I have looked for a lot of different 4/0 lugs and none will fit without some form of modification.

Thank You

2 |3000

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic