question

brianor avatar image
brianor asked

VE.Can port error on Cerbo

I noted a Passive-Error on the VE.Can Port screen of my Cerbo today (screenshot attached). I only have one connection to the BMS port (the FreedomWon battery) and no connections to the VE.Can ports. There is also no terminators on ports. Could the latter be the reason?

Any ideas?

vecan-error.jpg

cerbo gxerror
vecan-error.jpg (51.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

If you are not using the VE.can interface, just the BMS-can interface, you can ignore that report.

Believe it or not, the Error text is expected behaviour and does not necessarily indicate a problem itself.
It can be confusing at the best of times, and isn’t really for end user interpretation without advice from the support team diagnosing VE.Can MPPT comms faults.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brianor avatar image brianor commented ·

Thanks for the clarification Guy.

0 Likes 0 ·
khaled avatar image khaled brianor commented ·
hey Guy,

I have two problems in my system (Flickering and rebooting at noon)

i have a system made up of victron multiplus II 48/5000, Fronius primo 4.0-1, 6 Q-cells PV panels (580 Watt each) and a 4kw BYD LVS premium lithium battery>

can i have your help?

sorry to mention my problem here

0 Likes 0 ·
nudhayakumaran avatar image nudhayakumaran commented ·

screenshot-2023-08-10-225548.png

skylla Charger suddenly dissappierd from for my Cerbo GX. I connected only Skylla Charger in VE.CAN. VECAN goes to Error passive. How do i solve my issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources