question

offroadflow avatar image
offroadflow asked

250/100 Tr Smart measuring 6 degrees too much

Hello,

I installed an external temp sensor to cool the controller through fans in case it reaches 40°C.

Therefore I noticed that the internal temp sensor always shows 6° too much, no matter if it's day or night.

Yes, I double checked the external sensor electronics with another temp meter - they show the same...

Is there any way to recalibrate the sensor of the controller to get accurate measurements?

Thanks a lot in advance and happy sun ray hunting,

Flow

MPPT Controllerssolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

No there is no way to calibrate this as far as I know.

suspect its measuring the internal temp and you are measuring the case temp

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offroadflow avatar image offroadflow commented ·

Thanks for replying!

I measure at the upper right corner of the heat sink.

And as stated above: Even at night (when all cooled down equally) it's the same difference...

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Therefore I noticed that the internal temp sensor always shows 6° too much, no matter if it's day or night.

Pretty sure that you can not access the internal temp sensor of a Victron MPPT.

Your MPPT can report external sensors though..

1 comment
2 |3000

offroadflow avatar image offroadflow commented ·

This is unfortunate to read, tho I still think that there's a way to calibrate since it's all supported by software...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual