question

robot75 avatar image
robot75 asked

Blue Smart IP22 charger - multiple output to different battery types (EFB+ & AGM)

Hi, I have a Blue smart IP22 Charger 12/30(3) for my campervan - with the aim to be able to charge both my starter and leisure batteries simultaneously. Currently i have a Varta EFB+ Starter battery and Leoch AGM leisure battery.

From what i have read, EFB batteries should be charged at 14.4V, ("normal" setting), whereas AGM batteries should be charged at 14.7V ("High" setting). With that in mind can i assume i need to upgrade my starter battery to an AGM to allow both batteries to be charged at the same time? ..or can the charger sense the battery types and adjust the voltage accordingly for each?

Many thanks

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

It is probably safe to set the bulk/absorp voltage to 14.4v a this would also suit the Leoch battery recommendation.

leoch-batt.png

leoch-batt.png (145.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic