question

gumtreehill avatar image
gumtreehill asked

Can the Cyrix -i 400A 48V be controlled via the attached relay ?

I was looking to see if the Cyrix could be controlled via its relay attached to eg BVM/CGX/Quattro as a controlled dual battery system ?

combine lead acid (large aged bank 48v 1320ah) with lithium (2 x 48v 100ah), to help the lead acid last a longer and not over charge/ over drain the lithiums.

(Lithiums were purchased as lead acid battery posts have a large amount of corrosion internally and may keep going for a while longer if high current loads can be "softened"). when one or more cells do fail, then they will be used as replacement.

looking to connect the lithium batteries in parallel to main bank when voltage is greater than 49 and less than ~56.

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I have done it but you loose all the cut out cut in voltage control.

This relay has a pull in and hold in circuit so you cant remove the control box fully.

I had to do some bypass soldering to get it to work as a relay only unit.

I did this a while ago so I cant remember what I did but two solder bridges had to be done.

you will have to look inside and work it out yourself.

NOTE warranty will be voided

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.