question

cmarksmith avatar image
cmarksmith asked

Cyrix-ct to control boat bank charging?

I am trying to find out if I could extend the system charging my boat's 12v 110a house and engine batteries that are linked by a Cyrix-ct. I am looking to add another (less important) similar battery that powers a winch and was wondering if it would work to link this with another Cyrix-ct? I am guessing that the problem with 2 Cyrix in the parallel system there would be confusion about which one should connect. I would like to achieve sequential charging of the 3 batteries. The charger is a Victron Blue 15a with single output that works from shore power and the alternator charges the batteries when underway.

Many thanks for your advice.

Kind regards, Colin

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, @cmarksmith, sorry nobody has been able to answer. Its not so easy to answer perhaps.

What I can say is that indeed each Cyrix will connect by its own logic, there is no smart prioritizing. And to be frank I wonder if there should be.

Keep it simple is my advice.

Having two cyrixes in parallel, one to the winch battery and one to the service battery should not be a problem.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.