question

max-herron avatar image
max-herron asked

controll of ac generator input

The batteries I'm using aren't what I hope end up with but i don't want the charging source to cause them to go above 55 volts for any length of time. I tried the Generator for the first time and the battery Volts rose to 57.?? input the generator screen said 1.5 KW OK for generator but high for batteries. Can i limit input or battery voltage some how?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
max-herron avatar image
max-herron answered ·

The fact that I have an easysolar 48/5000 missed in info

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Max Herron

You could limit the input Amps of your genset from the CCGX as a workaround, but you really need to change the default settings for Absorb within the onboard Multiplus' charge settings. I'm not sure where VictronConnect and phones are with this, and an MK3>usb adaptor on a laptop is a pain with an Easy 5000, even if you had one.

VEConfigure remotely via VRM is an option, but a laptop likely needed there too. You download a .rvsc file, change it, then send it back.

Ask again if you need help with this, or links to the procedure.

What are these batteries you want to avoid 'overcharging'? If they're lead based then the default 57.6V +/- temp comp won't hurt them if not applied for an excessive time.

You mention on another post that you're awaiting an ethernet cable. Don't overlook the wifi onboard your CCGX, but you'll need to manually apply the access key on the screen.

1 comment
2 |3000

max-herron avatar image max-herron commented ·

Thanks for getting back. A bit of a fill in the batteries are Supersafe 2T-1000 MJ they are ups batteries specified Float is2.256V i think they are supposed to be charged near that. I have set the float at 54.5 from memory absorption a bit higher this is on solar.. I am ok with the control Iv'e got on solar. I have no means of controlling the Generator current or battery voltage. Iv'e taken all load off that system, and have gone back to the original system which I can charge with the genny, as we had no sun in Tassey today. I appreciate your help and your offer to have input when i get the Ethernet cable connected to our wifi network where I hope to be able to use the computer I'm on now. The batteries and victron are in a metal shed just out of range of the Wifi. Just a light bit of success during the days when I was installing solar panels and firing up the easy solar it wanted an up date and was going to not let me alter any thing on it so i hot spotted my phone to give it wifi triangulated the obstructions so the phone had house wifi and it worked, we have no mobile service at home. Thanks again

0 Likes 0 ·