question

markdt avatar image
markdt asked

Will chargers on stand-alone Quatro's work effectively together?

I am installing two new Quatro 24/5000 Inverter/chargers. I would prefer to configure both inverters to run "stand-alone" for redundancy's sake. However, I would like the chargers to work together (i.e. not "compete" and one of the chargers to do 90% of the work). Is that possible? Or do the units need to be in master/slave configuration for the chargers to effectively work together? The two units will be connected via VE bus to a single Color Control GX. I can configure them in a split phase 120V/240V configuration, but would prefer not to so that if one inverter fails, the second one will continue to operate normally. I have physical switching to deal with one inverter failing. (These are installed in a motor yacht).

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

if the quattros are stand alone then so are the chargers, which ever one has the higher absorption voltage setting this one will do more work

even having them at the same absorption voltage, you may get one doing more than the other, just because of wire lengths etc etc its like any of the chargers you may have to play with the set voltages on the higher one if you get that senerio

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.