question

victronicus avatar image
victronicus asked

how to install python and minicom on venus image?

Hi,

for configuration and using of the "strompi" extension i need to install python-serial, python3-serial and minicom.

Somebody know how to install these packages?

Best regards

Mich

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dirkmuc avatar image
dirkmuc answered ·

Hello,

I have the same problem but my current workaround is to configure the "strompi" on another Pi and then just swap it.

You can install python-serial with pip. Of cause first you have to install pip. For the minicom I failed to compile it on the Venus OS (the large version which includes the compiler) even after installing a lot of missing libaries. ./configure went through, but "make" stopped with an error.

You can run a precompied minicom from another Pi. I am currently struggling to get /dev/serial0 activated.

I now not much help, but may be you can find out to get the serial port online.

Cheers

Dirk

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ryanb avatar image
ryanb answered ·

Hi Mich and Dirk,

You could use miniterm.py which is built in to pyserial - which is already installed on Venus. It is conveniently also in the PATH, so you can run it by simply trying :
miniterm.py /dev/tty***

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic