question

fede-h avatar image
fede-h asked

Best option to get battery temperature sensing?

Hi,

I want to provide battery temperature sensing to improve charging with my two BlueSolar MPPT 100/50 chargers with bluetooth dongle (in parallel, I know, I cannot synchronize them). I see two options, either go with the wired battery temp sensor (ASS000100000) for the BMV-712 that I have, or use one of the smart battery sense (SBS050100200, SBS050150200) that will be seen in the network.

Which is a better option?

Thank you in advance

MPPT ControllersTemperature SensorSmart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
randy-putnam avatar image
randy-putnam answered ·

I have both. The Battery Sense is wired to my boat’s engine/starter battery, and the temp sensor is wired to the smart shunt of my BMV712 used to monitor the house bank of 2 Battle Born LFP 100AH in parallel. I think you can also network the MPPTs with the BMV so maybe the temp sensor is the way to go. If everything is networked then it makes sense that the temp and voltage readout via the BMV, as well as the current readings, will improve charging performance of the MPPTs.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fede-h avatar image fede-h commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources