question

luis avatar image

Set a SOC for the morning consumption

I have an ESS and I would like to set a specific SOC at 07:00 so the batteries are able to supply the loads before the PV can do it.

I have constant loads during the night and I would like to tell the battery: Keep 70% for the morning, and the remaining 25-30% can be discharged equally during the night.

Is there a possibility of doing that? I have seen the charging schedule, but this way I won't be able to supply a part of the night consumption.


Thanks and regards

SOCdischarge level
3 comments
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

What exactly to you mean by 'won't be able to supply a part of the night consumption'?

You are grid connected I assume (ESS sytem), is grid to weak to supply your loads in the morning so you need battery assistance?

You can use scheduled charging at any time you want, and specify to stop charging at 70% SOC.
But there is a bug that might catch you: during scheduled charging the 'power assist' function doesn't work, and if you pull more current than the inverter + grid setpoint, the inverter will go into pass through mode and all current will be pulled from the grid connection, possibly overloading your grid supply breaker.

Yes, I got an ESS grid connected. I want to set a power discharge rate according to the energy available in the battery (aka Load Following):

+ If I have 90% SOC this means that I can discharge 20%, so during 8h --> 2,5%/h

+ If I have 80% SOC this means that I can discharge 10%, so during 8h --> 1.25%/h

What I don't want is to discharge all the energy I have as fast as the loads are demanding it.

I don't think this is possible to automate with the standard products, and frankly don't (yet) see why you would want this.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yes if you set the min SOC then this will hold the batteries at 70% or what ever from the mains until PV can take over. or if a grid failure occurs it will then go lower



1550990906217.png (54.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

If you set a minimum SOC of 70% the system won't go under it, it will go in passtrough mode and only when grid fails it will use battery power.