question

geertv avatar image
geertv asked

Interface with DSMR (Dutch smart meter)

I'm very interested installing a Multiplus and I completely understand you need te measure the input / output power of the grid. Now, as a lot of people in Belgium allready have a smart meter with a P1 output (serial) using DSMR protocol, for me it seems logic to use that instead of depoying another meter...

Anyone done this or knows about compatibility ?

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
philippe avatar image
philippe answered ·

I have the same question to integrate P1/DSMR into the victron-OS in stead of adding another meters (in my case we have an external company installed the Solar with a DSMR, a pylontch battery with Multiplus II GX and to have the picture complete on the with solar production.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nukem avatar image
nukem answered ·

I started to work on this using ESPHome:

https://github.com/NuKeMtje/ESPHomeDSMRVictron

This way I'm able to get the P1 data into the Victron Controller.

Haven't tested it yet on a real ESS system, but looks good.

2 comments
2 |3000

Delta Victor avatar image Delta Victor commented ·
@NuKeM,
i'm wondering if you eventually did get it running on a ess system
0 Likes 0 ·
nukem avatar image nukem Delta Victor commented ·

I never tried it on my system (I'm using an EM24), but I got feedback from several users in the Netherlands that successfully used the code to integrate their energy meter via P1 and use it with ESS. So it should work.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources