question

chamberwil avatar image
chamberwil asked

Consumption not showing on VRM with Raspberry Pi

Hey guys,

I have a RPI3B+ with CCGX with 2.23~6 connected to 100/50 mppt, bmw-712 and a Phoniex Inverter 12v 1200VA. All updated to the latest firmware and connected via V.E. USB. I read victron’s page on the consumption but it was no help.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Also how can I show the AC loads on the CCGX screen?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
Jonathan Phillips avatar image
Jonathan Phillips answered ·

Hi chamberwil. I have the same problem as you, so I looked it up and pasted the snip below. In my case my hardware starts with 24 so it looks as though I won't be able to see AC consumption unless I have read this incorrectly. Cheers Jon

1550475647831.png (20.3 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chamberwil avatar image chamberwil commented ·

Hi Jon, I literally got the issue sorted about thirty minutes after I asked the question. I was fiddling around with some settings and restarted the RPI and then boom I was read consumption on the VRM.

As for the AC load, I think that my Phoniex inverter doesn't output that type of data because it is not a Multi or a Quattro. I could be wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ chamberwil commented ·

Hi @chamberwil

I can confirm this behavior. It got indeed much better, after a Multi firmware update to last version, but it is not completely solved.

I also thought this was to be fixed, with playing around with some settings, but this is not the case. A reboot alone can fix this.

It is also regardless if you have a Multi or Phoenix. Both are affected.

I have noticed that after a reboot, it takes some time for the Multi/Phoenix to be detected via MK3 USB Interface. Sometimes its longer sometimes shorter.

In case it takes longer, consumption is not shown in most cases. In case it is detected faster, consumption is mostly shown in VRM.

Additionally, I sometimes have the problem, that DC consumption is not added properly to AC consumption (after reboot). To get this working in most cases, I have to disable "has DC system". Wait for 15 minutes and activate this setting again.

If I don't touch anything, it works for months without problems...

Regards,

Markus

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonathan Phillips avatar image Jonathan Phillips markus ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @marcusWould you be able to share a picture of what your screen looks like when everything is working well?

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ Jonathan Phillips commented ·

Yes, but which screen do you exactly mean?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @marcus I thought you may be referring to this screen?

1550802810409.png (21.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·

@Beanyboy

0 Likes 0 ·

@markus Now I see what you are talking about. I have consumption missing from my graph. I am not sure how to fix that problem? I will look under the topics .

2 |3000

icey avatar image
icey answered ·

I'm having the same issue.

It will randomly stop working and then start working.

Sometimes a reboot of the RPI will resolve but not this time.

Edit
Raspberry Pi 3 with connections Firmware version v2.23 VIA USB to:
BVM-700 Firmware version v3.08
BlueSolar Charger MPPT 100/50 rev2 Firmware version v1.37

vrm.png (47.4 KiB)
2 |3000

david-treanor avatar image
david-treanor answered ·

I have a similar problem where the AC load does show on my phone VRM app - refer attached phone screen image. Any ideas why this is happening?

89748.jpg (223.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Even worse my side...

0 Likes 0 ·
1556263945147.png (113.1 KiB)
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

This is affecting me now with a rPi @markus

2 comments
2 |3000

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @warwick,

please try following:

plug out your MK3 dongle from RPi and reboot.

After reboot, wait until first contact with VRM Portal, after first contact wait another few minutes and then connect the MK3 (and Multi) to the Pi again.

Please report if this brought back your VRM graphs.

Thanks,

Markus

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman markus ♦♦ commented ·

I am not home for another month so I cannot do this. I did try reboot the Pi remotely and got a bar back:

0 Likes 0 ·
1556480080469.png (139.5 KiB)
andyalford avatar image
andyalford answered ·

I had Consumption showing on my RPI 3B+ system, and then it disappeared. Not sure why. I think there was a firmware update by VRM in this time frame, but I failed to note down the date.

Configuration

RPI 3B+ Venus OS 2.40-22

REC-ABMS for Victron GX CAN

The MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 is still in shipping, so I have not connected that at all yet.

I do have the USB MK3 adaptor installed though, nothing attached to it.

Any ideas please?

P.S. Fantastic system VE guys!!

1569837773033.png (59.3 KiB)
1569837985805.png (16.1 KiB)
2 |3000

gary bastin avatar image
gary bastin answered ·

Same issues here.. had this for ages..

Multiplus 5kw, 3 x mppt 150/70

bmv 700 and a color GX all on latest firmware.. VERY ANNOYING VICTRON !!! please sort this.

screenshot-20201127-151029-chrome.jpg

2 |3000

gary bastin avatar image
gary bastin answered ·

Anyone know how to go about getting a control board upgrade ? Or is this just victron pie in the sky nonsense.?

2 |3000