question

iniabasi JACKSON avatar image
iniabasi JACKSON asked

Froniuos Quattro trips when weco battery is full

2 Fronius PV, 1 Quattro, 2 Weco battery. The system is fully off grid. When the weco battery is full, the whole system trips off until its being reset. Is there something I am missing?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@iniabasi JACKSON

What in the system is tripping? The battery? Are you seeing any error messages on the GX device in your system.

I am going to assume it is the battery. If it is then the bms is shutting down to protect itself and you may need to lower the charge voltage slightly.

What we have seen often is when the batteries are full and a load drops off the overshoot from the Fronius needs to sink somewhere and will often cause the bms of banks to shutdown to prevent overcharge. Run at a slightly lower SOC or voltage to help.

Have you sized the fronius correctly according to the 1:1 ratio recommended?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iniabasi JACKSON avatar image iniabasi JACKSON commented ·

@Alexandra,

Thank you for your reply. The error message on the GX device is "WECO warning High voltage".

When you say reduce the charge voltage slightly, do I reduce it in the quatrro or the fronius? And I cant seem to find charge voltage only charge current.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ iniabasi JACKSON commented ·

@iniabasi JACKSON

Reduce it on the Quattro. I have not used Weco personally but if you have used the extreme voltages shown in the manual reduce it by 0.2v or a bit more. Since it is not a supported battery some experimentation may be needed.

How is the GX controlling the 2 Fronius? Do you have a data manger?

The other possibility is your battery may not be large enough.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:start#minimum_battery_capacity

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:start

0 Likes 0 ·
iniabasi JACKSON avatar image
iniabasi JACKSON answered ·

Also I am resident in Nigeria and I cant seem to choose my grid setting. Can some help me out?

6 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@iniabasi JACKSON

No Grid code for Nigeria. Just use other.

0 Likes 0 ·
iniabasi JACKSON avatar image iniabasi JACKSON Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The other requires a password which I do not have.

0 Likes 0 ·
michael2019 avatar image michael2019 iniabasi JACKSON commented ·

EDITED by @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) - Apologies, but we don't allow the sharing of the grid code on the community.

It is available via all Victron Dealers, and they should be contacted if you need it.

It is important for maintaining our compliance with standards that the code to adjust grid control settings is not freely available.

0 Likes 0 ·
iniabasi JACKSON avatar image iniabasi JACKSON michael2019 commented ·

Thank you!!

0 Likes 0 ·
iniabasi JACKSON avatar image iniabasi JACKSON michael2019 commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Hi, I fully understand your point. I have issues with the 2 fronius PVs restarting and giving me an error code 105. Can we talk off the community. I need help.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ iniabasi JACKSON commented ·

Hi @iniabasi JACKSON,

The pathway to support beyond this community is through this form http://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Also you may be having over voltage because the Grid tie units or the assistants in the Quattro have not been setup correctly and thus the froniuos units are not derating when the batteries are full and the solar is outputting more than you are using AC wise.

you have to setup frequency shifting so that this derates the units or interconnect the froniuos via serial cable or some such method (I have not set a froniuos unit up so cant advise here).

anyway what happens if its doing the above.

when ever this occurs and the battery voltage goes hi then from what I have seen, at some point the inverters reset and as this causes the micro grid to effectively go off/and back on. the froniuos units then turn off the solar , the inverters restart then and as the froniuos comes back on line the cycle repeats.

if this is the case then you have to look at how you are setting up the grid tie interface and whats doing what

2 |3000