question

rithym1964 avatar image
rithym1964 Suspended asked

Multiplus 48/5000 Slave unit irregular flashing

I have just setup two identical Multis 48/5000 in parallel. The firmwares are the same and all AC & DC cables, breakers, etc are symetrical. Under 7-8KW load 30 mins I am getting no overload warnings so the two units appear to be working in parallel just fine. Unfortunately the slave unit is flashing green between MAINS ON & INVERTER ON whilst the master just shows constant INVERTER ON. I have tried re-programming them and swapping master with slave and once again the slave unit flashes green between MAINS ON & INVERTER ON so both units flash in this sequence when they are programmed as slave. My question is this difference in lights normal as the units appear to be working fine. Grid input is not yet connected

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
josh-d avatar image
josh-d answered ·

I have the same on my parallel system. According to the Victron Toolkit app under LED definitions:

“This device is running in slave mode. All slaves blink their Inverter on and Mains on LEDs alternating. It is no error, just indicates that this device is a slave. Please look at the LEDs on the master to determine the state of the corresponding phase.”

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rithym1964 avatar image
rithym1964 answered ·

Thanks for the answer I assumed all was okay but just wanted to check. I don't have a smart phone so no access to the Toolkit App to look up the LED definitions.

2 |3000

martinwinlow avatar image
martinwinlow answered ·

My setup, too... quite why the status indications for slaves are not covered in the Multiplus manual is a bit of a mystery!

2 |3000