question

macung avatar image
macung asked

VRM shows wrong data summery for grid consumption

HI,

i have a new installed system and now i have some wonrg data in the vrm.

I run a Grid inverter and a battery system.

if i look at the "total system grid" i can not see any massive cunsumption. but in the summery for the day it mentions 2,4 kWh from the grid. How is this posslibe?

Do i have any wrong setting?

vrm-grid.jpg

Thanks Michael vrm-total.jpg

VRM
vrm-total.jpg (64.6 KiB)
vrm-grid.jpg (46.9 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lukas avatar image lukas commented ·

Hi there,

I see the same behavior in my installation - could be that the portal is currently not integrating the values correctly, since even the "total" over all phases in the advanced view is correct.

My guess is that once you feed-in on one or more phases while drawing power on another, they still count the consumption on a single phase as grid usage and the feed-in as grid feed-in while ignoring the summation, which is most likely very close to zero (or ever so slightly positive or negative). I saw that error happening once I installed a smart heater (mypv) with 6kW, leading to power draw on one phase (L2 in my case), while L1 and L3 still feed in and drive the sum over all phases close to zero (-50W setpoint with mypv in my case). When I limit the heater, such that one of my three MP-II 3kW can handle it, VRM shows the correct value since the total of all phases does no longer matter.

It does not make a difference if the installation runs with an external grid meter (ET340) or without. I actually went ahead and rewired with/without grid meter, so the issue might be the way that VRM integrates over the values...

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) Sorry I do not know where to report this or who should be notified here...

Best regards,

Lukas

0 Likes 0 ·

Just as a sidenote:

For everyone with grafana and influx here's how to get the total for any data series over the last 30days, grouped by days:

SELECT integral("value") / 3600 FROM "venus_default"."grid/Ac/Power" WHERE ("value" > 0) AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time(1d) fill(none)

It only counts consumption in this case - just reverse the value to < 0 for grid feed-in. This also works for by-week grouping for longer durations.

1620393743136.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1620393743136.png (97.8 KiB)
2 Answers
thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered ·

Mi Macun,

I think that all main KPIs in VRM overall do not support a phase-netted/balanced sum.

For last 10 days VRM shows for me a grid usage of 23kWh, whereas the supplier grid meter indicates 4kWh only.

Today VRM shows for me 2KWh grid usage, wheras the phase-netting power meter is still on the same level like yesterday. Also the phase-aggregated grid view in extended VRM view does not show any mentionable grid power usage.

1620677704762.png

@mvader (Victron Energy): It could be quite useful to add in VRM a configuration feature, if power calculcation shall shall be executed with phase-netting or not.

1620677704762.png (26.0 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

+1, same issue here...

0 Likes 0 ·
vennenskevin avatar image vennenskevin commented ·
Still no changes about this issue? @mvader (Victron Energy)
0 Likes 0 ·
fixanshone avatar image
fixanshone answered ·

This is the best cast iron skillet for steaks because it is very spacious. Even though its size is not much larger than the average size of cast iron skillets, it is designed in an innovative way to make room for more food. And who wouldn’t love that now? cast iron skillet brand reviews.

Other than that, the curved handle helps to grip the pan better and avoids slipping incidents.

Any meat to cook in a cast iron skillet will suit this cast iron skillet well because it is non-GMO and versatile. The significance of this is that traces of irons are released into the steaks you cook. This means the mineral content of your diet automatically increases with this optimum size cast iron skillet.

2 |3000