question

leverg avatar image
leverg asked

Temperature sensor on Cerbo.

Hi all.

Does anybody know if the temp sensors of the BMV 712 - 712 works on the temp connectors of the Cerbo? I do

I have connected the sensor wires to the connector block on the Cerbo, and also the sensor otself to the positive bolt of the battery clamp. but it keeps saying disconnected. However it does show in device ( Temperature sensor that it is connected). It also shows a sensor voltage of 5.76 V.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is this the right sensor for the Cerbo ?

cerbo gxTemperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You cannot use the temperature sensor for the BMV-712 on a Cerbo. They are different.
There should be a yellow tag on the BMV sensor explaining that it only works with the BMV.

You need to use the sensor with part number: ASS000001000 for the Cerbo.

Here is a chart which describes the different sensors:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/temperature_sensors

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leverg avatar image leverg commented ·

Thanks for the quick answer. Gonna order some new ones.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marc Schmaus avatar image
Marc Schmaus answered ·

Hi.
I tried using my temperatur sensors provided with my Quattro-II and RS 450/200 on analog inputs of the Cerbo GX. But nothing works. Polarity checked several times. The sensors still appeared as "not connected". Cerbo GX Firmware Version ist 2.93.

Any suggestions?
Kind regards
Marc

6 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
The one from the Quattro should work. Is it connected to the correct connection and is the input activated?
1 Like 1 ·
Marc Schmaus avatar image Marc Schmaus Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
yes, tried all 3 senors from the quattros and the 2 sensors provided with the RS 459/200 at analog port 1 and 4, checked the correct connection (polarity) several times, trying several days, no success. Iam using the provided terminal blocks, d'ont know if there is a failure possible with these terminal blocks...
0 Likes 0 ·
Marc Schmaus avatar image Marc Schmaus Marc Schmaus commented ·
i tried with all ports activated
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Marc Schmaus commented ·

@Marc Schmaus plug 1 back into the quattro and with a dmm measure the voltage across the 2 wires.

Should measure 2.73V @ 0c (+ 10mV for every 1c above 0c).

0 Likes 0 ·
Marc Schmaus avatar image Marc Schmaus klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
ok thx for your advice. ill try this next weekend and tell you what Voltage i measure!
0 Likes 0 ·
solarbone avatar image solarbone commented ·

Be shure to be at the correct connector for the temperature sensors.

For a quick check wether the input is working and you are at the correct connection you might try:

* If you have a resistor <= 6800 Ohm - connect it instead of the sensor. A 2200 Ohm resistor will give a reading of approx 40°C, smaller resistance shows lower temperature.

* If you have no resistor you could use a blank wire and shorten the input which should show up as "Input shorted".

0 Likes 0 ·
alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob answered ·

Having the same issue I think. I plugged in my temp sensor and yet it just shows disconnected in the Remote Console.

temp.jpg

temp.jpg (224.7 KiB)
2 |3000