question

David avatar image
David asked

Putting +12V on Multiplus input signal

Could be tricky to explain this question, but here goes....

The Multiplus's have signal inputs - Aux 1, Aux 2 and Temp, depending on model. I am working on an EasyPlus 1600 so I just have the temp sense input.

I am using assistants to read the sense input and set behaviour depending on if the input is open or closed.

1619280602042.png

I have a pair of wires connected to the temp sense input and when I connect them together, the assistant does as it should - but now the question ...

Is it ok to connect +12V to one of the inputs and then connect +12V to the other input to close the circuit? (I want to control this via a programmable relay and switch setup for semi-automation and the way this is setup, it will be easiest to use a 12V signal into the sense port )

Assistantsrelay assistant
1619280602042.png (28.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

No!! use a relay instead to connect +and- of input together ('closed')

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image David commented ·

I thought that would be the case but also thought could be worth a question just in case can simplify :)

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VEConfigure Assistants manual