question

bigvt avatar image
bigvt asked

Help with Assistants to use AC2 as dumpload

If I connect my 1000 watt water heater to AC2 of my Multiplus 48/3000 and use the assistants in below screenshot, is it correct that it will do the following?

• Start the boiler when above 70%
  • Stop the boiler when at 60%
  • Stop the boiler when overall load is above 2400 watts
  • Only start the boiler when overall load is below 1500 watts

I found this thread that I've used as reference. My system is Easysolar 48/3000 with BMV712 battery monitor running 14kw lifepo4 batteries and the reasoning is that I'll never need more than 60% of batteries for other vital loads.

Thanks a lot!

MPPT ControllersAssistantsrelay assistant
dumpload.png (13.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Yes I think that assistant logic should work correctly.

The start generator conditions should have authority over the stop generator conditions, so the expected behaviour is:

• Turn off water heater if load is >2400 OR SOC is <60%
  • Turn on water heater if load is <1400 AND SOC is >70%

The best way to confirm is to test it yourself.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigvt avatar image bigvt commented ·

Great, thank you! I'll confirm when I get to test in 1-2 weeks

0 Likes 0 ·
bigvt avatar image
bigvt answered ·

This seem to be working. However, the other ac out connections on my Easysolar 48/3000 go through the RCD, and AC2 does not. Do I need a 2nd RCD for AC2 and does AC2 use the same grounding connections as the other AC outs (chassis, and in my case also grounding rods)?

2 comments
2 |3000

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Good to hear you have the assistant working well.

Yes you need a 2nd RCD if you want/need AC2 protected from a earth leakage fault, and yes the grounding for AC1 and AC2 is common (take a look at the schematic in the appendix of the manual for your Multiplus).

0 Likes 0 ·
bigvt avatar image bigvt Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Great, thank you for all the help - much appreciated!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

VEConfigure Assistants manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic