question

jasontav avatar image
jasontav asked

BlueSolar 150/70 MPPT+Venus Absorption Times not as per manual

Hi,

My addition to the absorption times discussion :)

My (v1.39 firmware) 150/70 doesn't seem to honour the absorption time calculations as per the manual:

In my case, startup voltage is 24.91V (as reported in the daily history from the controller in venus) so I would expect x1/3 of the maximum absorption time, yet the controller actually continued for x1.

I have also noticed that the Vmin values for "yesterday" sometimes get rewritten just before the controller starts up.

thoughts?

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
mppt-manual.png (32.9 KiB)
mppt-webpage.png (96.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

There is lots of disussion going on around this so please read the other threads and this should clear it up for you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @JasonTav the minimum voltage recorded is not perse the same aa the startup voltage. The time window for the daily history values doesn’t start at powerup; its earlier.

There is no real clock in the unit; it doesn’t too accurately know when midnight is. As @Paul B said; see other threads.

Or wait a little; at Victron we’re currently working to make it more clear.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic