question

sveno avatar image
sveno asked

Should/can the Phoenix output bypass the battery when charging is completed?

With an AC Multiplus system it's easy - when AC input is ok then that is your output, when it's not ok then the inverter and battery take over. When the battery is charged it enters a resting state.

How do you do this with a DC output system where Phoenix is a DC power supply and battery is the backup supply?

My concern is that to my knowledge LiFePo4 batteries do not like 24/7 charging so should the (Phoenix?) charger output only to load when charging is completed? How?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

What model Phoenix is it as far as I know these work the same as the multiplus except there is no charger,

if there is a charger then its a very old model. and as such the latest firmware shoul;d be installed. and it would still work the same as a multiplus but would be restricted in using assistants.

controlling the charge state.- reduce the charge voltage so that it equates to the level you want it to charge to.

Hope the above helps, but I really don't know what model of unit you have so this answer maybe completely wrong

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic