question

papa-joe avatar image
papa-joe asked

Cerbo GX cannot be added to my VRM installation

About two weeks ago I have bought a Multiplus 2 5000, a couple of Pylontechs and a Cerbo GX to use my Victron MPPTs to charge the batteries and supply my home. For now the system is planned as offgrid but I would still like to configure its behaviour in detail. But I cannot add the Cerbo to my installation after trying since one week. The Cerbo runs FW 2.65 and all VRM related shows good when connecting via remote console. I have added it multiple times but no show, only get the message that admins will check etc... The Cerbo I got was sold as used but my dealer promissed to take care of anything needed. Now I am stuck and cannot configure my system in detail because the second option would require an MK3toUSB adapter which I do not have yet.

That VRM cloud solution does only add little to my small project but beeing stuck like this is frustrating. I cannot even upload the locally saved logs to the VRM portal because its refusing to show with a somehow cryptic error message.

And after working for many years as a support technician I ask myself why every company believes in its own (propriatary) interfaces? The Cerbo has plenty of options to connect…

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Papa-Joe

I'll email you to solve this!

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
tozz avatar image
tozz answered ·

What exactly do you mean by "only get message that admins will check". Please post screenshot/photos of the exact message you see. How is your Cerbo connected to your MultiPlus? Please post diagram or photo of your setup

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

papa-joe avatar image papa-joe commented ·

That message pops up every time I try to add the Cerbo "All administrators of the installation have been notified ...." but nothing happens since last friday. And what would it help to know more about my whole setup? If I am not wrong I think that even adding a Cerbo GX without anything else connected it should show?

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·
I have added it multiple times but no show, only get the message that admins will check etc... The Cerbo I got was sold as used but my dealer promissed to take care of anything needed.

Your dealer must grant you admin access and then remove himself as an admin (remove your Cerbo GX from his account).

1 comment
2 |3000

papa-joe avatar image papa-joe commented ·

The Cerbo was sold to someone on Amazon and then returned I believe. May be that the previous owner registered that Cerbo and now its kind of "burned" for another registration? My dealer told me that he will get in contact with Victron to solve that issue but still no change. Luckily the MK3 adapter just arrived a few minutes ago and I will try my luck with it now. Will also visit my dealer tomorrow to pick up more Pylontechs and will "push" him a bit. If it all does not work out I could get a new one from him and return the used device but why does it need to be that complicated? It would be much easier to be able to contact Victron directly, show proof of ownership and let them do their magic.

0 Likes 0 ·