question

John Berger avatar image

How or where do you check that the Absorption voltage as configured in the MPPT is slightly above the same setting in the inverter/charger to increase the accuracy of the SOC monitor?

BMV Battery MonitorSOC
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Inverter/charger config is in VEConfigure.

MPPT Config is in VictronConnect

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

John Berger avatar image
John Berger answered ·

Please can you help? Is this the correct place to check and alter the Absorption voltage via VEConfigure as shown in the attached pic? If so, should I raise or lower it here?

Victron Connect can't find any VE Direct devices through my MK3 Interface to check the MPPT voltage. I have downloaded the latest driver v2.12.16 but it still won't connect.

Thank you

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The MK3 adapter is not able to connect to VEdirect devices.

Please see the Victron Connect Manual here for how to connect various devices to Victron Connect with various computers:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#connecting

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#compatible_victron_products

John Berger avatar image
John Berger answered ·

Thank you. Therefore do I need to buy a VE.Direct to USB interface to connect to Victron Connect - to check that the Absorption voltage in the MPPT is slightly above the same setting in Victron Configure 3 inverter/charger to increase the SOC accuracy?

If so, I guess this also means that I need to connect the VE.Direct to USB interface to the back of the Color Control GX usb port. On the Easy Solar this is rather awkward. I suggest it would be much easier if the various ports were accessible from the front, without the need to remove the front panel.