question

John Berger avatar image
John Berger asked

How or where do you check that the Absorption voltage as configured in the MPPT is slightly above the same setting in the inverter/charger to increase the accuracy of the SOC monitor?

BMV Battery MonitorSOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Inverter/charger config is in VEConfigure.

MPPT Config is in VictronConnect

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

John Berger avatar image
John Berger answered ·

Please can you help? Is this the correct place to check and alter the Absorption voltage via VEConfigure as shown in the attached pic? If so, should I raise or lower it here?

Victron Connect can't find any VE Direct devices through my MK3 Interface to check the MPPT voltage. I have downloaded the latest driver v2.12.16 but it still won't connect.

Thank you

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The MK3 adapter is not able to connect to VEdirect devices.

Please see the Victron Connect Manual here for how to connect various devices to Victron Connect with various computers:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#connecting

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#compatible_victron_products

2 |3000

John Berger avatar image
John Berger answered ·

Thank you. Therefore do I need to buy a VE.Direct to USB interface to connect to Victron Connect - to check that the Absorption voltage in the MPPT is slightly above the same setting in Victron Configure 3 inverter/charger to increase the SOC accuracy?

If so, I guess this also means that I need to connect the VE.Direct to USB interface to the back of the Color Control GX usb port. On the Easy Solar this is rather awkward. I suggest it would be much easier if the various ports were accessible from the front, without the need to remove the front panel.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic