question

miya avatar image
miya asked

MultiPlus with a BMS CL 12-100 -- Load and Charge Disconnect Not Working

Hi All

Help please...

My Multiplus (EasyPlus Compact 12/1600/70) will not switch off when instructed to by the BMS (Smart BMS CL 12-100). My set up is as per below -

screenshot-2021-04-17-at-181336.png

I am using the Cable for Smart BMS CL 12-100 to MultiPlus (PN: ASS070200100). I have tested the V output from the load and charge disconnect on the BMS - they are performing as expected (both normally high). But when the BMS changes to load or charge disconnect - the Multiplus stays on. The V on the cable becomes free floating, as expected, but makes no difference to the Multiplus.

I have connected the Cable as per instructions which states - "When used with the MultiPlus Compact 800VA-2kVA models connect the black wire to the middle terminal and the red wire to the right (IN) terminal."

From the Multiplus manual - I have plugged the cable in as per below - black to terminal 2 and red to terminal 3.

screenshot-2021-04-17-at-183939.png

I am expecting the Multiplus to switch off when either load or charge disconnect become free floating - but the Multiplus stays on.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You also have to change the DIP switch settings, unfortunately this detail is missing in the BMS manual:
1618727385944.png
(MultiPlus Compact manual)

1618727385944.png (182.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miya avatar image miya commented ·

Hi Matthias

Thank you so much for the advice - and the extract from the manual.

OK - I have set the DIP1 & DIP2 to OFF. I have saved the new setting by switching DIP8 on and off.

But - the Multi is now switching off and on repeatedly, It switches off for about 5 seconds and then comes back on for about 10 seconds, then back off, and keeps doing this.

The BMS cable is not plugged in to the BMS - so the V on the charge / load disconnect are both 0v. This should keep the Multi OFF at all times - I think,

Can you offer more advice ?

Thanks, Tim.

0 Likes 0 ·