question

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem asked

Venus without a Multi/Quatro

I'm working on a system that may end up using a Phoenix inverter rather than a MultiPlus due to cost and size constraints. Venus devices (Cerbo, CCGX, etc) are inverter-centric and there's a large portion of the U/I that simply doesn't apply to a system like that: AC in/out and inverter tiles all will be blank.

First: Is it true Venus doesn't communicate with Phoenix VE.Direct inverters?

I realize that the blank tiles could simply be ignored (or hidden by changing code which I could do), but is there a better solution to a central monitoring and control for a system with solar and batteries? This is an RV so there would be a DC system as well.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

No thats not true. Inverter will show ok in the device list.

The missing bit is proper visualisation on the system overview. Which is not good that its missing; and we’ll fix it asap - but asap is a bit “rekbaar” in this case.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

That's all great news. Thanks.

2 |3000

Related Resources