question

svwalter avatar image
svwalter asked

Inverter RS 48/6000 Smart Solar mit Pylontech Kopplung

Hallo,

Wie kann ich den Insel Wechselrichter mit Pylontech US2000/3000 sicher koppeln,

das auch die Ladung / Erhaltungs der Batterien sicher ist?

In der Demo Version ist immer ein BMS gefordert?

Ist das mit der Kopplung im GX Device über VE.CAN oder VE.Direct erst möglich?

Gibt es eine Anleitung zur Kopplung RS mit Pylontech?

Danke.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerinverter rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @sv.walter

EDITED TO UPDATE - As of GX firmware version 2.85 (and latest RS firmware versions), all RS products are now compatible with DVCC managed batteries.

OLD ANSWER:

It is possible to use the Inverter RS with some lithium battery BMS configurations that have an allow-to-charge / allow-to-discharge signal. I don't believe that this is possible yet with the Pylontech - but I could be mistaken.

Support for DVCC, using a GX device, and the BMS-Can controls will be coming in a future update. When that happens, I will update the battery compatibility pages.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

If you would like a notification of that - you can subscribe to the specific battery compatibility page that you want and will get an email when it is modified.

e.g. for Pylontech - Manage Notification Subscription

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

svwalter avatar image svwalter commented ·

Hi Stewart,

thank you.

Have you a favorite System of Batterie what is working best with RS 48/6000.

Ist the Inverter no new or ist the island better with MultiPlus Inverter.

All in one in the inverter RS with a large String ist the only one.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
juergen-mt avatar image juergen-mt commented ·

Hi Stewart,

any news to use the RS 48/6000 Smart Solar with Pylontech?

The battery compatibility page is not updatet and also is missing there the EasySolar-II GX. It should work too i think.

this user has run a GX device with RS48/6000

What us right now?

We are looking for a offgrid system with no Grid ever and no another external power. Only by solar.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ juergen-mt commented ·
I expect the Inverter RS will be fully compatible with the upcoming Venus 2.80 release, I will be waiting until then before updating the compatibility documents.

You are correct that the EasySolar-II GX is fully compatible.

0 Likes 0 ·
juergen-mt avatar image juergen-mt Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Great news. Many Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Update to add - as of Venus update version 2.85, all RS products are now compatible with the supported managed batteries.
0 Likes 0 ·
pvittali avatar image
pvittali answered ·

Hi Stewart

Any news on the RS 48/6000 Smart Solar <-> Pylontech (US2000C) compatibility subject ?

In particular, can I use the RS to charge these batteries without a GX device ?

(connecting the Can/BMS cable from the Pylontech stack to the VE.CAN input of the RS Inverter and seleting the correct baud rate as here in chapter 4 ?

Your help would be highly appreciated as our official Victron reseller has sold this configuration to us apparently without checking if this really works ...

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @pvittali,

The battery compatibility documentation is emphatically clear on this point, a GX device such as the Cerbo GX is required.

Plugging a BMS into the VE.Can ports of the RS will do nothing.

Chapter 4 of the manual you linked is referring to the programming on a GX device.

Without getting personally involved, I would love to know where your official Victron reseller got the information that it was possible to run a managed battery without a GX device so it can be made clearer.

Note; in the future a GX/BMS-Can model of the RS inverters may be released (just like the MultiPlus-II GX), at that time an external GX device such as the Cerbo GX will not be required. But as of April 2022 that product does not yet exist.

PS - previous answers to this question infer that there is no compatibility with RS products and managed batteries, as of GX firmware version 2.85 - this is now a supported configuration for all current RS models.

0 Likes 0 ·
pvittali avatar image
pvittali answered ·

Hi Guy

Firstly, sorry for mixing up your first/last names.

Secondly, if I understand you correctly, the RS Inverter will be able to work with a Cerbo GX with the latest Cerbo firmware in a DVCC setting with Pylontech US2000C. Is this correct ?

And lastly, please understand that I am wary of calling names in a public forum. In general , I am very satisfied with my reseller and with Victron products, I think the problem here was that I purchased several new products ( the RS Inverter and GlobalLink520 - which is not a GX device) where understandably no previous experience was available.

Anyway, if my problem can be solved by purchasing a Cerbo GX, than thats fine.

Thanks

Peter

1 comment
2 |3000

The RS Inverter will work correctly with a Pylontech US2000C, as long as they are both connected as specified to Cerbo GX using the latest firmware (on both GX and RS).

I am happy to hear that you are generally satisfied with your agent, and nor am I interested in their individuality - only if they referred to the documentation, and if they made a judgement based on that, then there might be a potential for me to improve it to prevent something similar again.

You will indeed require a Cerbo GX (and I'd also recommend the GX touch display).

0 Likes 0 ·