question

lucylite avatar image
lucylite asked

How to see SOC on Easy Solar 24/3000/70-50 MPPT Colour Control Inverter Charger system

I have just had a Victron EasySolar 24/3000/70-50 MPPT 150/70 Color Control Inverter Charger System installed in an off grid setting, trying to make sense of the manual [which says for a multiplus so poss wrong manual? or is the EasySolar a MultiPlus?] though there is also a Smart Solar charge controller manual, [lists lots of various mppt] but can't really make any sense of this either. Basically would really love to be able to work out how to see the batterries SOC [state of charge] which is how I used to guage my old system, Firstly on the Color controller GX, Then I think I have connect to it online but can't fathom that out either, not sure if I some sort of wifi dongle {where would I plug it in as the color controller is attached to the inverter/charger] or plug in an ethernet cable? I have been trying to research it from the Victron site, but so many pages link to other pages that don't seem to function & I am getting more confused.

We used to have a 12 volt system & this one is now 24 volt so also quick question, before I could gauge my batteries by the dc voltage [Not wanting it to go below 11.5] now as this is a 24 volt system on the color controller in the bottom left hand battery icon, its states around 25.1 v -1.4A [fluctuating] is the 25.1 v the battery voltage as its on a 24 volt system [so 2 x 12 would be 24] so 25.1 is Ok & I guess if it goes down to 23v this would be equivilant on 11.5 on a 12 volt system.

It seems such a shame that there doesn't seem to be any guide on the victron site or in the manuals what this wonderful colour controller images mean! for non tech savvy folks like me

Thanks in advance

CCGX Color ControlSOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@lucylite

The easysolar is a Multiplus.

You do need to add a WiFi dongle into the back of the GX to monitor over WiFi with Victron Connect. Not all WiFi dongles are compatible.

Has your multiplus unit been programmed for your batteries? And the mppt so that it is charging correctly? If it is programmed you can activate the internal state of charge monitor and it will show you on the screen what your batteries are doing

You are ok on your battery voltages as you were saying it is double the 12v system so expect to see double the voltage.

We have a 24/3000 love it to bits.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page