question

tilo avatar image
tilo asked

New feature request: VRM - custom site names, comments and groups

Hi,

With ever more sites added to one´s VRM account, it is getting harder to keep in mind to which client/installer etc. a site belongs, as the name of the installation often is made by the final client or the installer who apply their own "naming scheme". One is ending up with many sites in VRM that sometimes do or do not contain the name of the client, the location or a device that is part of the installation ("Multiplus ..."). In other words: a long list of VRM-installations can be messy.

My 3 suggestions are:

1) Add a new personal field for the name of the VRM installation which is only visible to the user who created the VRM installation name, so that he can give this particular installation his own name, besides the "official name" that every user of this installation sees. In the list of VRM-installations that would be a new column, visible only to this user. For example a field called "MyNameForThisInstallation (not visible for others)".

2) Add a new personal field for comments, visible only for this VRM-user of that installation, where for example a dealer or distributor could add internal comments only of interest to them, not for everybody. Field Name: "MyCommentForThisInstallation (not visible for others)"

3) Add the possibility of sub-dividing installations into personal groups, again visible only for the VRM-User who created those (his) groups. An installer could then make groups according to the location (a city), or a client/project that involves several installations, or any other criterion. Allow a VRM-installation to belong to several groups, for example location/area, client/installer/project, year of installation, components used (inverter or battery type) etc.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @tilo,

Thanks for taking the time to write up those suggestions, I made sure the VRM team saw them.

I can't say too much yet, but we are definitely aware of the large fleet management issues you have raised, and are working on some solutions.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

We would also like some features to manage the many installations we have.

We already split the systems to two accounts.
One for stationary 176 installations like ESS and one for 81 mobile installations like boats or RVs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Indeed, all going smoothly there will be a much better way to manage this in the future.

It is great to see big fleets of Victron systems coming online into VRM, and the tools are coming to help support them.

I am sorry I cannot be more specific about details and the timelines yet - but the good news is it is a priority project.

0 Likes 0 ·