question

dylan-hyslop avatar image
dylan-hyslop asked

Correct MCB for AC-OUT1 & AC-OUT2

Good day,

I need some help planning my circuit breakers for the multi plus 2 3000va install.

here is my initial plan:
1617166387508.png

Please feel free to comment on any other issues you may spot.

CB2: Needs to limit to max 32A indraw to the inverter
CB3: Needs to support 32A + 16A from the battery/ inverter (hence the 40A, with abit of safety built in)

Now the spanner in the works is the AC-OUT-2 which I plan to plug into my electric geyser & air conditioners. I will need to put separate breakers on those outputs. Now im not sure how to do this? Cause in theory I need a 40A breaker for BOTH AC-OUT1 & AC-OUT2. However, I don't know how to do this?

If I put a 16A MCB on AC-OUT1, then this will be ideal for when running with no mains, but I couldn't use anything like kettle and microwave at the same time, even when there is mains available? alternatively, I can't put a 40A MCB on both AC-OUT1 & AC-OUT2 cause this will allow to much power to go through should the geyser and the microwave & kettle etc be on.

What is the correct way to do this? I cant come up with a solution that lets either use the full power but together they cant use more than 40A?

Question 2:

Are you able to control AC-OUT 2 from the VX controller, or is hard programmed to just kickout when power fails? (if I want to control that the geyser only turns on once the battery is full, will i have to use the relay output with a contactor?

Question 3:

Can I not maybe just connect the geyser upstream where the mains are? and just let the multiplus2 push its excess power back upstream into the geyser? Therefore not using the Ac-Out2 as I do not really need power assist?

Multiplus-IIEasySolar All-in-One
1617166387508.png (266.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers