question

greenarc avatar image
greenarc asked

Temperature compensation advice

Hello,

Hoping to receive some advice as to how to set the temperature compensation value for my 100/20 controller.

I have 300ah of type 1 AGM, and temperatures constantly shifting around as they are in my converted camper.

The setting is currently sitting on -16.20mV/C.

I have my absorption on 14.6 and float on 13.8.

I will buy a temperature sensor at some point, but for now I'd like some basic advice on how to set the temperature compensation.

I'm aware the MPPT takes a reading, heard it was when idle for an hour or once in the morning and sets it for the whole day.

My controller sits right near my batteries. Currently the temperature goes between a little below minus, and 3 or 4C.

I could place a temperature sensor in my battery compartment that I can manually read from inside my camper living area. With that I thought I can keep an eye on the temperatures and adjust the setting accordingly. But it would be nice to have a basic guide for doing that. Anything like that around?

Many thanks!

temperature compensation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
greenarc avatar image
greenarc answered ·

Can I just trust the temperature compensation setting? Or shall i just switch it off and manually adjust the absorption and float voltages according to my own temperature readings?

I saw this chart online, I was thinking of manually adjusting according to this data. what do you think?

screenshot-20210326-103011-chrome.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic