question

robert-larsson avatar image
robert-larsson asked

Adaptive Charge curve and absorbtion time for Litium Batterys

Hei

I am using a Multi plus 24/3000/70-50 for 24 Volt/300 Ah Lithium Battery bank (Drop in Batterys,LITHIUM IRON PHOSPHATE)

I am uncertain about my charger configuration, especially Adabitve Charge curve and absorbtion time .

Charge current 52 A

Absorbtion Voltage 28,4 V (given by Battery producer)

Floate Voltage 27 Volt (given by Battery producer)

Repeated absorbtion time 1 Hour

Max Absorbtion time 1 Hour

Charge curve: Adaptive

Battery Safe: ON.

Lithium batterys: ON

.Are this OK ?

Is a Adabitve Charge curve suitable for Litium Batterys.

1616660295473.png

Lithium Battery
1616660295473.png (146.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Robert Larsson

Most lithium batteries used the fixed charge for theirs. That being said they usually have comms with the GX device.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Adaptive_charging_how_it_works.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwizkuTKksvvAhXyoFwKHSBZBkQQFjAAegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw205HfI0jjoJqSqoJcZpBTR

A bit of reading if you would like to know more. It is mainly designed for lead based batteries, as absorption on a lithium is used for top balancing the cells it is not really reversing the cell chemistry anymore.

Top balancing is important in passively balanced batteries though. Your one hour even once a day is enough for most batteries.

You have followed recommend voltages from that point you should be ok. Having adaptive and battery safe that changes the charge algorithm completely though.

You may find they don't balance out as the absorption phase can be cut short. If you click on the charge curve description it does explain the differences.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sebastianlehmann avatar image
sebastianlehmann answered ·

I have found that when battery is almost empty and the absortion time is low, like 1hr, then battery charger goes to float mode preamturely, not fully chargging. so i do not know if this is also your case.

in the other hand if Absortion time is set too high (8hr lets say) and you only discharged and charge your battery from (lets say 90% SOC) then volt absortion will remian high for may hour.

Do not really know how to deal with this. I am doing some test but shiuld be another explanation somewhere on how to treath better this theme.

2 |3000

Related Resources