question

razer05 avatar image
razer05 asked

2 Mppt on Battery Protect?

Hi

I would like to connect the two charging current outputs of my two Mppt controllers to the input of my battery Protect 65 A. And from there go to the collective plus rail. Is that possible? Or do I destroy the battery protect with it?

Can I also use it to switch the death strand?

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ripper avatar image
ripper answered ·

You are not supposed to disconnect the battery side of the MPPT. It might get confused and destroy the batteries. If you are using load ports you are using the BP backwards. A failing BP might start burning.

So yes, this is possible and looks like it is working until it doesn't and very ill advised and puts your whole system including your home (?) in jeopardy

Death strand I have no idea what you mean.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

razer05 avatar image
razer05 answered ·
So I am not allowed to install the battery Protect?

I don't really understand your English because I'm German.

2 |3000

ripper avatar image
ripper answered ·

Dann schwätz doch was ;)

Es sollte vermieden werden, die Batterieseite des Ladereglers im laufenden Betrieb zu unterbrechen. Er kann die Einstellungen verlieren und dadurch die Batterie durch falsche Werte überladen und zerstören. Wenn man zusätzlich den Lastport des Ladereglers benutzt, dann wird der BP auch rückwärts benutzt. Das funktioniert eine gewissen Zeit lang , bis er davon kaputt geht und zu brennen anfängt. Das kann ich empfehlen zu vermeiden.

Death strand verstehe ich nicht.

Ja kann man machen, sieht sogar so aus als ob es funktioniert. Nein sollte man aus mehreren Gründen nicht tun.

Was für einen unkonventionellen Ansatz verfolgst Du denn hier?

1 comment
2 |3000

razer05 avatar image razer05 commented ·

Ich hab das nur gesehen, in der Zeichnung. Und daraufhin hab ich mich nach den Sinn gefragt. Ich werde den jetzt weg lassen, und lediglich meine dc Verbraucher schiene absichern damit.

0 Likes 0 ·
razer05 avatar image
razer05 answered ·

Ich hab das in dem Youtube Video von victron gesehen, das aus den protect dort verbauen

2 |3000