question

chato avatar image
chato asked

Battery Protect

I have a 24v off grid system 12 2v 650 ah gel batteries connected to a 2500w / 5000w peak inverter I wish to connect a Victron battery protect between battery bank and inverter which one do I need 65a 100a 220a Thank u in advance

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
linqf avatar image
linqf answered ·

Victron's inverters have built-in low voltage protection and do not require a battery protector. If you need 200A, 2500W/24V=104A

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

conceptura avatar image conceptura commented ·
I'm not sure I agree with this as my Victron inverter allow the lead acid batteries to get to 11.9V before it even starts to talk about low voltage. that's no a healthy voltage for lead acid batteries unless I am mistaken. It's true that when the load is switched off the voltage recovers somewhat so I guess I have a coupl eof questions: (i) what voltage do you think the Victron switchs off power from the batteries at? (ii) Where would one use the battery protect device if its not needed.? Is it right to assume it's when you don't have a victron inverter but some other brand? thank!
0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

I was told here, that the inrush current of the inverter could be too much, even for the biggest (220A) Battery Protect.

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000