question

burnttech avatar image
burnttech asked

What devices allow for Cerbo GX to have AC power readings

I'm trying to finish and RV / Camper Install and having a bit of a hard time finding right details for getting AC power to show up. I've found other posts talking about using ESS and also mentioning using quattro or multi plus for v120. This RV is only a van and I don't have the room to install one of those large units. I currently found room for a cerbo gx and touch 50 and BMV 712 and MPPT BlueSolar 30. I currently have tiny progressive dynamics 45 amp charger and AIMS inverter with transfer switch that barely fit. The phoenix smart (Replace AIMs unit) units might fit but I'm worried this wont put data up on the Touch Gx 50. I've see ESS but read the same thing that AC input or output won't work?

I would like to measure display on main screen:

Watts power going out through the Inverter

AC from generator (I could still see its power DC through the BMV Shunt)

AC going into the RV

I love giving victronenergy my money for high quality products but it appears space in my RV might be an issue on this one. With that being said has anyone figured out how to change values on the main screen (QML?) or can I build some esp/rapberry pi thing to pass in on a DBUS?

cerbo gxESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

To have a full display you would need to have multiplus to transfer the readings across to the CCGX or raspi device screen.

You may need a energy meter wiried into the incomer to moniter power flow etc to be displayed as well. But then you will need to modify the files so as to be able to display the values as required on the tiles as they only display watts.

In the mobile display view it will display all the parameters required etc.

I would use the raspi as it is easy to mod the files to suit etc. Their 7inch touch screen can be wall mounted etc.

You need a MK3 interface to do this with the raspi

Regards
Rob D

NZ

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

burnttech avatar image burnttech commented ·

To clarify first part you say I would need MultiPlus which doesn't fit in this tiny RV Van. Does the comments after mean I can send data to a Cerbo GX or Rapsiberry Pi without the MultiPlus?

Is there examples to update a tile with data/file?

0 Likes 0 ·
aph avatar image aph burnttech commented ·

Searching for a solution as well to get AC shown properly on Raspi Venus Dashboard. It does not work out of the box with Phoenix Smart Charger IP 43 connected via VE.Direct as I would have expected.

0 Likes 0 ·
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

There’s also the multi plus compact products and plastic cased products, which combine your charger and inverter in one so should save you room. These will hook up to the rest of your system and give you the data you want

https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multi-500-va

1 comment
2 |3000

burnttech avatar image burnttech commented ·

It appears that is 230v only on the datasheet? Can that be set to run 120v?

0 Likes 0 ·