question

wayneh avatar image
wayneh asked

Manually Switching Relay 1 & 2

Hi folks,

Is it possible, or could the option be built into future releases to allow the operation of the relays manually from the Motorhome overview page (or other main page)? It would also be nice if we could change the name of the relays.

I have the relays connected to my water pump and LPG electronic isolation valve in a campervan, as I like to turn both these items off at night/when not in use but the manual operation is buried deep in the menu system.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

The relays can already be set to manual, but changing them requires you drop into settings, scroll to relays and then change the state.

I did create some modified pages which put the relays on the main list of devices and on the mobile page. However some knowledge is required to deploy these.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

groggi78 avatar image groggi78 commented ·
are you willing to share your workaround-solution?
0 Likes 0 ·
ddiggler avatar image
ddiggler answered ·

I was looking for a way to manually control the relay from the VC App on the BMV-712 and came across this thread - thanks! It was not intuitive, but it worked. With the relay set to "default" in the settings page, you can just hit the "Invert Relay" switch and you have manual control over that relay. This is very helpful. It would be nice in a future software upgrade to allow the user to switch the relay state from the main status page. So put a "manual" option in the settings page. And if that is set, display a switch on the status page. Great products!

2 |3000

groggi78 avatar image
groggi78 answered ·

Is there a solution to this in the meantime? I would like to manually switch the water heater and also the diesel air heater using the relays and show the switches on the main screen.

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
You might look at Kevin windrem's guimods
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic