question

seanp avatar image
seanp asked

Phoenix Inverter 12/800 draining battery with no load

I have recently fitted the Phoenix inverter to my camping trailer. I am normally able to run my camp fridge through the night with no issues. But when I run the fridge together with the inverter through the night, everything is off in the morning. I have tried with a small fan connected, as well, as no load connected at all. I get the same result, everything is off in the morning.

Any ideas why the inverter is draining the battery so fast with nothing connected?

Thanks,

Sean

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

What size (capacity) are your batteries? The zero load power of this unit is 6W (12V) This is 0.5A continuous current. 1Ah every 2 hours...

You can put this unit in search mode. This reduces zero load power consumption to 2W.

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seanp avatar image
seanp answered ·

Thanks @Markus, much appreciated. I will try Search Mode. Only issue is, I can't find where to turn Search Mode on. There is the main On/Off switch which has Off, 1 or 2 option. Is Search Mode one of those or something else?

Thanks again!

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

did you read the manual?

1 Like 1 ·
seanp avatar image
seanp answered ·

To answer the other part of your question, I have a 102ah AGM battery. I still need to purchase a 2nd battery to connect in parallel.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic