question

m-beach avatar image
m-beach asked

Install Victron ET112 to monitor inverter usage

To no avail, I looked for videos or more thorough instructions beyond the simple diagram in the manual. I have installed the VenusGX to monitor the solar/battery and have the RS485- USB cable to connect the ET112.

Has anyone used the ET112 to monitor power usage of a non Victron inverter? My question is, I have 2/0 cable between my battery bank and the inverter and I do not see how to connect it in this system. AM I missing something here?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi, here is my setup, I hope the picture will help you. If I remember right, the main is connected on the top side left through the ET112 going out from the top side right, and the neutral is connected at the bottom, in parallel with the breaker. Here is the link for the installation :

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:et112

Use the PV inverter picture.

20200914-144529.jpg

20200914-144529.jpg (300.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

m-beach avatar image m-beach commented ·

Michelg,

Thanks for the response. What size/gage wire did you use for this? I assume that is not the prime cable between battery and inverter? is this a separate cable? The instructions do not provide much info regarding that and There is no way my 2/0 cable will fit.

Regards,

0 Likes 0 ·
pau1phi11ips avatar image pau1phi11ips m-beach commented ·
Hi @M Beach, I'm a bit worried you're mentioning a battery connection at all. There should be no battery connection to a ET112. The ET112 is a mains meter and should be on the output of the inverter.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources