question

jetskier avatar image
jetskier asked

AC Sensor Assistant as an AC Input and not used for PV Inverter in RV application

I'm new to the forum, but have been researching for a couple months. The first post is a little long, but I wanted all the info out there. I'm in the final stages of getting the new system rewired in my RV. The Victron components in the system: 860W solar feeding MPPT 150/85 charge controller, Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 Inverter, 500A Shunt and all connected to the Cerbo GX, I used the remote config to add the assistant and wired the AC sensor on Aux 1 input. The AC sensor reads the 2nd leg of the Shore power on a 120/240V single phase system that doesn't pass through the Multi AC input. The 2nd leg and Multiplus feed a new subpanel I added for circuits capable of being power by the Multi. But when it goes on gen or shore power, I want the 2nd leg to be power directly and not boosted through the Multi. This would allow the Multi to charge the batteries and not be inverting try to power the high demand loads (like two 15k A/C units or a microwave). It would drop one A/C and be below the input threshold so charge would start. I added an relay assistant to trigger a secondary 30A ATS so the inverter can power the 2nd leg when not on gen or shore power. The assistant triggers the ATS after the Multiplus has sync'd with the AC-1 power. It's much qucker than the 2 minute delay built into the AC-2 out I used in my first experiment to trigger the ATS. It's like the AM Solar Smart Phase Selector, but cheaper.

Anyhow, the assistant only has an option for a PV Inverter when using this AC sensor. I played with the configuration and got it to work with it adding the load from the sensor to the "AC Load". Is there a way to get a custom assistant written that shows it as another AC input adding to the total AC load (Inverter + 2nd leg) and not shown as a "PV inverter"??

Assistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources