question

remco avatar image
remco asked

Time sins last full charge, VRM app, after update v2.1.8

Good morning. after having done all the updates. vrm app, bmv 702, and mppt to the new software, still no correct information from (Time sins last full charge), in the VRM app. In the CCGX this is still correctly displayed. Yes it was a bug, but the bug is still there. Will there be a solution for this problem.

regards

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its a bit hard without knowing whats connected. However if its a multi or quattro then this info may be coming from the internal State of charge control in the multi/quattro so is this turn on

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

remco avatar image remco commented ·

my system, 24/3000/70 easysolar, mppt 150/70 and 150/60, with a BMV-702. I have this system more than 1 year. up to and including today, this has never been the right info. even after all updates. in the CCGX, this is always the right information, only on the VRM app, never. it's not about what you consume or something else, it just has to indicate, eventually, when the system no longer sees solar (volts / watt / amp) input, this is seen as ( time-sins-last-full-charge). see here the data of today.

regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Ok that Info Helps

Now in the BMV702, (and its VERY easy in you have a bluetooth dongle attached to the BMV as you can then do all this on the phone app)

Anyway download the app and install it (even if you dont have the bluetooth dongle) then go to demos and select the BMV

Then go to settings (top right corner)

This will show you all the sample screens, select battery

you will see settings there as to when it thinks the batteries are full

now adjust these in the BMV yourself by going through the screens.

otherwise you have to read the manual and adjust the figures in the BMV Again presuming you are using LP

one tip is under relays turn OFF the SOC as this will then give you the correct Time to Go as its currently set to a Lead Acid timings by default.

I wont go into much more detail as what you see in the app should give you a idea as to whats happening. if not Il help some more tomorrow

3 comments
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

On my system that screen is completely blank as I dont have a BMV. so all the info is coming from the BMV unit to the VRM. so get that right and you should be sweat

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

The CCGX latest update is 2.23

and the BMV may also need a update this is also done using the dongle.

and all the MPPT units can use the dongle to update as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

I think you do not quite understand what I mean, the synchronization between the BMV and CCGX is perfect, the synchronization between the CCGX and the VRM app is not going well. as I can calculate, 30/40 min in the VRM app, is shown as 1min. in the evening, no more solar power, the CCGX counts every minute the solar charger is off. and will be displayed there as ... Time since last full charge ... 60 min in the CCGX, and in the VRM app as 1minute more or less. just look at my latest screenshots. this has absolutely nothing to do with the setting, everything is perfectly adjusted and set in my system

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes but the screen you are showing I think is for the BMV ONLY and the setting are wrong

the CCGX maybe set to read the Inverter.

You have 2 possible sources of information the Inverter and the BMV for the CCGX

which one is selected in the CCGX i suspect the Inverter, THUS you maybe getting two diferant readings as I think the VRM will take the BMV by default (I am not 100% sure on this though) all I can say that in my system that my sumary page is all blank and I dont have a bmv unit

1551580251858.png (50.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

I have also looked at those settings and it is on BMV and not on Muliplus Inverter, so this can not be the problem either. I made a screenshot of it. maybe one of the victron members can explain something about this or know what the problem really is. I think this is still a bug

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Remco, yes this is a bug in the VRM App.

We are working hard to get rid of that VRM app; its going to be replaced by an 'installable version of the VRM portal'. And at the same time the VRM Portal is being improved to show same level / ease of use of information.

For now, please use the VRM Portal, and its Battery History widget; rather than the VRM App.

Thanks for reporting.

@Paul B thanks for helping!

2 |3000