question

esam avatar image
esam asked

Configuration of the MultiPlus 3000 to allow AC load only when plugged to shoreline.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the MultiPlus 3000 can be configured to allow the ac load only when plugged to shoreline? I want to make sure that my ac load is only working when I am on shoreline, and save the lithium house batteries for the dc load.

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Just switch the Multi to "Charger-only".

The Multi will switch ON, starts charging and passthrough the AC to the output only as long as the shore power is connected.

If the shore power gets disconnected the Multi will switch OFF.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

esam avatar image esam commented ·

Thanks Matt. I am new so it sounds like it is very straightforward :)

Do you know if there is a way to do this in the victron interface software.. so that the switch on/off button is disactivated? I am worried that if someone is using my van, and try to use AC load on house batteries, so the idea is to limit this option (disactivate the switch on/off button), and have it on "Charger-Only" mode permanently. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ esam commented ·

If you wire all loads to AC OUT 2 you could use the "programmable relay" assistant.

1614882600731.png

The 3000VA Multi also should have a blue 3 pole connector on the PCB inside.
If you take out the wire there and connect it to the middle and right contact the Multi should always be in "charger-only" no matter in what position the outside switch is (except OFF of curse).
But I'm not 100% sure about this.
1614882819106.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1614882600731.png (10.8 KiB)
1614882819106.png (1.1 MiB)
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

You don't need to add assistants to control AC2 like that - it should have that behaviour/logic already.

0 Likes 0 ·
esam avatar image esam commented ·

I thought I posted a response message here but I don't see it! Thank you so much for the solution. This is exactly the information I wanted to know...

You mentioned AC_out2, does that mean there is an AC_out1? I am curious to know if it is the case, and then I can limit one and not the other (if I want to). Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·