question

nimbus avatar image
nimbus asked

multiplus 12/200/80 not detected through MK3

Just bought a 12/2000/80 and have a sinking feeling I made a big mistake- looks like this is the only tech support they offer. Can not find the inverter thru the MK 3 and yes the proper drivers are installed, inverted is turned on and it is not the computer, I have tried several. Seems there was a question just like this 7 days ago and no answer. Where does one go if the community can not answer the question?

MK3
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

What firmware is your unit on?

0 Likes 0 ·
nimbus avatar image nimbus wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

2708430.VFD????

0 Likes 0 ·

sorry WKirby, I am brand new to the community and of course do not lknow what I am doing- I think the number is 2708430.VFD thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ nimbus commented ·

That's cool, don't worry.
We are most interested in the first two digits to make sure we are dealing with a product that is not too old.
Obviously yours is quite new.
What do you mean when you think you made a mistake? Did you do something?

So, I VE.Configure, from the menu, you select "Port selection" - do you see any Com Ports there?

0 Likes 0 ·

no I just was saying I might need a company that offers more tech support but thank you for your time. Yup- no problem seeing com ports. After three days I finally got it to work -switched out computers and cables and then switched back and then got new cables and then went back to the old cables and suddenly it worked so who knows. Do you know if Victron recommends a certain type of RJ45 cable? Thanks again for your time.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
nimbus avatar image
nimbus answered ·

ok-I am just passing this along in case anyone else is in the same situation, Seems the root of all my problems was the RJ45 cable ( needs to be a pass-thru?). I was just using one from office depot, I have now ordered new ones from Victron. Hope this helps someone else.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

natebert avatar image
natebert answered ·

I use Windows 10, and I have struggled at times to get Ve.Configure to recognize the MK3 and when I do, I've found that I wasn't using the Victron specific USB driver which I've had to separatly install as well as the Ve.Config software; https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

Maybe this will help?

1 comment
2 |3000

nimbus avatar image nimbus commented ·

Thanks Natebert- I agree, it took me a long time to figure that out. The drivers are supposed to load automatically when you downlaod the VEconfig but mine did not- I had to go into the menu special and then download the drivers. Also I could not find out anywhere exactly what you are supposed to download on VEconfig. I ended up downloading VEflash and VEconfig. Wish there was more documentation for this in the multiplus manual- I couldn.t find anything. I am using windows 7 pro.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Glad to hear you have got it working and I agree this needs better documentation.

Please write as much as you can about the process as a new user and I can use it to improve support.

2 comments
2 |3000

nimbus avatar image nimbus commented ·

I would like to but I don't know how to use this community. Is there a short primer so a new person can use this responsibly? example - show/share/accept/reward? thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

The community is still quite new, only a few months old now. So there aren’t a lot of rules.

Read the guidelines for some of the basics, beyond that just have a go. You are doing great so far :)

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/5889/new-victron-community-guidelines.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic